We understand that most of you will probably get 2-3 quotes to compare before making your decision. We have put together this turf buyers check list to assist you with knowing what you should be looking and asking for when getting a quote. We are often not the cheapest however poor quality at a cheaper price is never a bargain!
If you have any questions please call one of our friendly turf consultants on:
Free Call 07 5494 5616
1. Do the contractors have insurance and are they licensed operators?
A copy of our documents can be provided upon request.
eg. Public Liability, Work Cover, High Risk Work License etc. This safe guards you and your property.
2. Is the supplier a Turf Accredited Producer?
Refer to Brochure in your pack “TQ for Quality”. Refer to the website www.qtpa.com.au to see if a supplier is accredited. By purchasing from an Accredited Supplier you can have peace of mind that you are dealing with a reputable producer!
3. Has the turf had Acelepryn applied to it during the Lawn Grub season typically Spring & Summer?
Acelepryn is a product that provides a preventative control for Lawn Grubs for 6-8 weeks.
4. Is the Turf 100% Pure (Sir Walter Buffalo Grass, Zoysia Grass, Wintergreen Couch Grass, Oz Tuff Sports Grass)?
Our quality control ensures that the grass variety which you are purchasing is 100% Pure. It has been grown and harvested to stringent standards, is free of weeds and disease on delivery, and will perform to its maximum potential in its new environment.
5. If we complete your preparation work – has a round up application been allowed for in spraying out existing grass?
Round up is used to kill the existing turf and weeds. This is done to provide the best possible start to a clean healthy lawn.
6. If we complete your Project – Has the same amount of topsoil been allowed for?
Refer to the quote in the quotation folder. Soil acts as your water tank for the lawn. A minimum of 100mm should be allowed for where possible. The less soil – the more you have to water.
7. If we complete your Project – Has the same amount of square metres been allowed for?
Refer to the quote in the quotation folder – we need to make sure we are comparing apples with apples.
8. Will you receive post installation maintenance information (after sales service)?
eg. information about mowing, watering and fertilizing? We provide you with an Installation Guide to assist you with establishing your lawn and ongoing maintenance tips and we are also only a phone call away!
9. Has premium quality starter fertilizer (with water crystals) been allowed for?
Included in your quote is starter fertilizer, a product which contains fertilizer as well as water crystals. The fertiliser is a slow release that will assist you in the establishment period and the water crystals will assist you during drought and dry times.
10. Is the quote for a Premium Quality? Or a Commercial Quality?
Refer to the “Turf Quality Characteristics” on our website as part of the Turf Accreditation to learn the difference – often an inferior quality turf will be quoted to secure a project, unbeknown to the customer. As it is a large investment we welcome you to our farm to inspect the quality before purchasing.