- From the stem at the base of the leaves tiny flowers are produced in spring and these turn into burrs or sharp spines.
- Best sprayed with Roundup or Zero (please be careful and follow instructions very carefully) or use a selective product containing MCPA or Dicamba, be careful on Buffalo’s.
- Products include: All Purpose Weed Control available from Glenview Turf’s Turf Consultants and Project Consultants.
- A weed that spreads by a tough wirey root system with small nut like tubers that form on the roots
- It is a perennial weed with grass like leaves in the shape of triangular flower stems which bear flowers and seeds in umbrella like heads with a reddish-purple or brown appearance
- Nut grass is extremely difficult to kill, and the best way to rid this nasty weed is by digging out the whole plant ensuring you remove all the roots and bulbs (any roots or bulbs left will reproduce)
- Registered product such as Sempra. Sempra can be purchased from the Glenview Turf Consultants or Project Consultants. Other intrusive weeds include: Paspalum Crowsfoot Summergrass Wintergrass and Catsear and again the best way to rid each of these weeds is to dig out and also ensure the roots are dug up as well.
- To order your Weed Control just Call 07 5494 5616 Today!