- Upon installation, completely soak the new turf with at least 25mm of water and check that the water has seeped through the turf and into the soil below.
- A little hint to save on water is to place a cup 2 metres away from the sprinkler, when the cup measures approximately 25mm move the sprinkler to a different area.
- Ideally water for 1 hour per day for the first two weeks, by doing this, the turf will establish its root system.
- When you believe your turf has become firmly rooted, less frequent and deeper watering should begin.
- Please note weather conditions dictate the amount and frequency of watering, be certain that your new turf has enough moisture to survive hot, dry or windy periods.
- Reflected heat from buildings dry out turf quicker, so be sure to water these areas more often.
- A good indication that your turf is too dry will be gaps developing between the joins and if you pick up a corner and find the soil is very dry, you need to water immediately.
- Once fully established (approximately 8 weeks) the turf should only be watered when necessary, by doing this it will assist in producing a more drought tolerant turf.
Contact one of our friendly turf consultants online today for more information or call us on 07 5494 5616.